SC End Face
Contamination is the number 1 reason for trouble on optical networks. A single particle mated into the core of a fiber can cause significant back reflection, insertion loss, and/or equipment damage. That is why cleaning and inspection are critical.
We offer an extensive range of fibre optic cables, fibre optic connectors, enclosures, adaptors, cleaning tools, fibre optic pigtails and patch cords, pre-terminated fibre cable assemblies, loose-tube cable, CAT 5E patch cords, CAT 6 patch cords & jacks, CAT 6A patch cords & jacks, Telco cables and much more. Contact our sales team to discuss your requirements – call: 02 9808 2788
Quality fibre optic connections need clean fibre end faces. Contamination of end faces can cause component or system failure.
Microscopic dust particles can cause loss and back reflection problems, and potentially damage the fibre.
- A 1 µm dust particle on a SM core can block 1% of the light (0.05 dB loss)
- A 9 µm speck is invisible to the eye, but can completely block the fibre core – a human hair may be 75 µm wide, 8X larger!
- Other contaminants include:
- Oils, frequently from human hands
- Film residues, condensed from vapours in the air
- Powdery deposits from water / solvents evaporation